Woods Cross High recently participated in the biggest swim meet in the state of Utah with over 25 teams and 1,300 total swimmers. Woods Cross represented themselves well and showed up with some excellent performances!
Out of our 53 entries we had 40 of our athletes improve in one or more events. There are too many exceptional performances to name them all here so we will just add in some major highlights with swimmers scoring points for our team against incredible competition.
First we have ALLY BOYNTON who:
- took 2nd overall in the 100 back
- took 3rd overall in the 100 free
- set another school record in the 100 free with a 54.14.
- Won the award for High Point Junior Girl (she scored more points in the meet than any other junior).
Second we have Nohea Kamauu who:
- took 1st overall in the 500 free
- took 2nd overall in the 100 fly
- set her first individual school record in the 500 free with a 5:25.09
- won the award for the High Point Sophmore Girl.
The girls medley relay took 5th overall (Elle Hall, Nohea Kamauu, Ally Boynton, Rivers Ekstrom).
Third we have Elle Hall took 14th overall in the girls 100 back.
On the boys side:
- Abel Chomjak took 20th in the 200 IM and 15th in the 100 free
- Zach White took 15th in the 50 free and 24th in the 500 free despite being ill all week long before the meet.
Finally even the coaches had to show up and race. The Woods Cross Coaches (with some help from Zach’s dad Scott White and Coach Bird’s brother who coaches from Weber High) took 4th overall. Against teams that had at least one coach on them we took first (everyone else brought in alumni from their previous state teams but we’re not salty about it).